Membership has its benefits!
US Windsurfing is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to making the whole experience of windsurfing a more positive one for those that choose to windsurf in the USA. We accomplish this with the selfless work of a volunteer Board of Directors and Executive Director.
Our operating revenue comes almost completely from membership dues. We also rely upon industry and individual sponsors who support our cause.
There are many reasons to join US Windsurfing such as:
- Discounts on regattas
- Discounted membership in US Sailing
- A unique registered Sail Number
- The informative, quarterly electronic newsletter
- Possibility of obtaining a National Ranking
- Teaching Grants and much more!
We feel that the most important reason to join is that US Windsurfing works very hard to grow the sport and promote its development at all levels. Your membership supports our grassroots efforts and allows us to offer:
- A multi-discipline National Racing Tour
- An exciting ranking system
- An improved racing experience brought about by our efforts in assisting event organizers with their race management tasks
- Junior Development & Teaching programs designed to grow participation
- Cooperation with US Sailing in the development of our Olympic Team
- Support for local clubs to protect access
So please… join or renew today!
I just renewed my individual membership with a $100 donation by paypal. Thanks for the good work. Gary Peer US008
Thank you for your support, Gary!
Can you explain what these teaching grants are? It would be great if USW could contribute to organize a instructor course in specific locations as long as there is enough enrollment.
Absolutely! You’re in Seattle, right? Please get in touch with Greg and we’ll get the ball rolling.
Please send me information on joining.
Thanks for all you do!
(Smallest size on the shirt, btw.)