2021 US Nationals: NC and FL bound!
The 2021 US Nationals will take place in North Carolina and Florida this Fall!
Here’s the schedule:
- 1) SLALOM + FREESTYLE in Avon, NC, Oct 30-Nov 6
- The slalom and freestyle nationals will take place during the 2021 OBX-Wind event on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, the largest and badass-est windsurfing event on the continent! With hundreds of riders in town for the long distance race, and everyone eager to jump into the action after more than a year hiatus, this promises to be a reunion like no other. The event is open to everyone, of course, not just pros. If you can gybe and wave your hand at the camera, you’re in! Registration is already open at: https://oceanairsports.com/pages/obx-wind
- 2) WINDFOIL in Clearwater, FL, Nov 12-14
- The open windfoil and IQ foil nationals will take place in Clearwater during the Windfoil Gulf Championships. Clearwater is home to the most radical group of young windfoilers in the country, and they’re looking forward to hosting visitors from all around on their home waters. The event is open to competitors from other countries as well. By then, the page will be turned on the RS:X, and there’s no better place than Clearwater in the Fall to kick off the new Olympic cycle. Registration to open soon, stay tuned!
- 3) LONGBOARDS in Clearwater, FL, Nov 19-21
- Stay an extra week in Clearwater and hop on a longboard (Kona, LT, Techno, Open) for the longboard nationals! That’s where the Kona Worlds took place in 2018, so you know they know their stuff and are big fans of longboards. It will be the opening weekend of the Thanksgiving break in the US – why not make a family vacation out of it? Clearwater Beach ain’t too shabby on Thanksgiving. And Kona and LT charters will be available too for the occasion, so you can travel light! Registration to open soon, stay tuned!
We want to say a big thank you to our friends in Hood River who tried their very best to organize nationals for us this summer but had to cancel because of lingering challenges linked to the pandemic in the region. And we want to extend a big thank you too to the teams stepping up at a moment’s notice: Mike Burns and the Ocean Air Sports team in Hatteras, and Justin Ahearn and the CCSC team in Clearwater. We’re lucky to have such awesome supporters!
Stay tuned, here and on our Facebook page, for further announcements and registration notices.